Saturday 28 May 2011

Usability is your online brand - McGovern

I love this article. Gerry McGovern is direct and makes a lot of sense almost all the time. Then once in a while, he hits the nail right on the head for me. A must-read for every manager.

Gerry says:
"The experience your customers have completing their top tasks has a big influence on what they think of your organization and brand... Great websites have a specific focus. They don't try to answer every question. They truly excel at a small set of top tasks. That's how they build their
brand."

And this made me laugh. But it's true:
"If your manager asks you: 'What did you do this week?' You reply: "I deleted 200 pages." Will they be impressed? Would they be more impressed if you said: "I created 200 pages."?"


Top tasks define your brand and reputation - article by Gerry McGovern

No comments:

Post a Comment